PRESS RELEASE - Söderköping, September 7, 2016
HTC launches DURATIQ™ – a brand new generation of floor grinders.
More than 100 new features, 54% more efficient.
The Swedish company HTC, which years ago developed the method of grinding floors using diamond abrasive technology, is now launching a totally newly-developed floor grinder: DURATIQ™. The machine is available in two grinding widths, 600 and 800 millimetres. Both of the versions are completely new designs and are based on many years of intensive studies of the future needs of customers.
Some of the 100 new features incorporated into DURATIQ™ are:
• Newly-designed digital control panel and remote control that offer even new operators full control and easy handling
• New grinding head, hermetically sealed and dustproof for maximum reliability
• Compact, robust chassis design for optimal manoeuvrability, handling and simple transport
• Enhanced AirFlow™ technology and Mist Cooler System that increase productivity by up to 216% and dust collection by 100%
• Simple-to-adjust weights, 20 different handle settings and 74% less vibration ensure significantly improved ergonomics.
Since DURATIQ™ has been designed from scratch by HTC's own R&D department, no detail has been left to chance. The numerous smart features include GPS tracking, USB ports to download operating data, upload new software and charge personal equipment.
Stefan Lind, CEO of HTC, emphasises that this is the most pioneering launch in the history of the company:
- HTC developed the method for grinding concrete floors using diamond abrasive technology 29 years ago. The step that we are now taking with the launch of DURATIQ™ is almost as huge in the development of our business and the industry. DURATIQ™ sets a completely new standard for productivity, reliability, operability and flexibility. I'm convinced that the industry will talk about the time before and after DURATIQ™ in the same way that we sometimes talk about leading-edge innovations in technologies, such as mobile telephony.
- As a company, HTC's fundamental motivating force is to always be at the forefront of development. Once again, DURATIQ™ is proof of HTC's innovativeness for the whole industry, Stefan Lind says in conclusion.
The DURATIQ™ grinding machines have been tested for more than 5,000 hours before the launch. Because of the precise, yet extremely robust design, of every single detail, the service interval is an impressive 1,000 hours. Thanks to a new modular structure and meticulous design detail, it is easier than ever to replace high-wear parts. For instance, it only takes about 40 minutes to replace a belt.
Something else that is new for the industry is the option of configuring your DURATIQ™ entirely to your own needs or upgrading your machine afterwards. The customer chooses the size (600 or 800 mm grinding width), electric power version, the number of grinding discs and whether to have the machine fitted with remote control. There are then a number of optional packages: water, light and GPS. Finally, the customer has the option of customising the machine with additional weights, cupholders and other accessories.
DURATIQ™ will be launched worldwide on 7 September 2016.
You can find out more about DURATIQ™ at www.duratiq.com
Cathérine Königk, Head of Marketing